As I drove down I-35 I heard a new song that caused me to break into tears. And anyone who knows me knows that I am not overl emotional when it comes to songs and movies and what not, but this one hit very close to my heart.
The song is You Can Let Go by Crystal Shawanda. Look at the lyrics and you will understand.
I cried during the second verse because I want my dad to walk me down the aisle and it is important for me that he is there for the biggest moment in my life. The possibility of him not being there is something that I have had to consider, but he is strong and I know he will do his best to hold on.
When I heard the third verse of the song I completely lost it. I am not ready to for my daddy to let go. Hearing someone say that there is "nothing else that can be done" is the most horrible feeling and it is something that my family has had to deal with. Having a conversation about what needs to be done after someone is "gone" is by far one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.
On a happier note, doctors have since said that although my dads cancer can never be cured, there are treatments that can be done to help. As of now he is feeling good and my family is just taking it one day at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I love you..... and I just thank God that you have such two amazing men in your life, your Dad and Jordan. Miss you!
Stay Strong girl!! No one can be ready to let go. You just need to live in the moment and cherish the time yall have left together! We are all here for you!
Post a Comment